NEW POSTS

[7]

Blog Con 2016

An ancient post I still think is commendable to produce online. This event happened last 30th of April by Tomasino Web, hosted by Michelle and Tommy.
Here’s my ticket. Yes, I’m an early bird. If I remember clearly what exactly that day I registered my name at the UST BlogCon Facebook page. Eager to sign up because I said I might lose my slot. I also registered my friend with her notification of course.

My Control/Ticket Number

Courtesy of UST BlogCon Facebook Page


In this post, I’d share my notes from thirteen bloggers. Some of them are my close friends now. Below the images, I will link their website. Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you my handwriting! So let’s start:

Prior to the supposed 8a.m. call time, I arrived at around quarter to nine with no sign of bloggers yet. Looking at my business cards at the palm of my hands counting 24 as enough to network myself hopefully. They had free WiFi at the event and to be honest, I was clever enough to stalk each one of the bloggers (because I had no idea who they are.) With enough ample time, I discovered a lot from skimming through their websites. Little did I know is Elisa Aguino already fixing her hair at the podium one feet away right in front of me. Who knows she'd be the next one I could be working with?

1.    Elisa Aquino
So much I love about this girl! Openly admitting her “awkwardness” made my heart feel warm about her personality. She expressed her blog Thunder Pop Cola about a heartbreak she had (back then) and I can relate with that. My journalistic skills allowed me to quickly jot everything at her presentation and paid extra close attention to our similarities.

At a forum I asked “what do you do when you feel underrated as a blogger?” out of the five questions why did I pick that one, right? To my surprise she asked me why do I feel that way? And I replied, “Sometimes the page views are a few to zero. Two and a half years and counting, I feel that no one cares about what I write despite the heavy effort I put in it.” She said don’t worry, I’ll read your blog. Just continue what you’re doing. Then I handed over my business card.

WWW.THUNDERPOPCOLA.TUMBLR.COM then
WWW.SHEMAKESHIMKNOWN.COM now



2.    Jill Bantang
“I will travel the world for food.” She’s one lucky girl indeed. Jill started blogging after graduating in Marketing at DLSU. She documents food reviews and now she’s having numerous invites from restaurants and stalls locally to taste and review their food. She also noted me “yes it’s true sometimes you’d feel like where is this blogging leading me to?” from my prior question to Miss Elisa. She said, that day would come but do your best every time. Don’t blog only to get sponsors. Blog because you want to. She also said she blogs because she wants anyone to see what she sees in food—and take photos the way a camera won’t normally display in megapixels. She displayed all her scrumptious meals she had and her sponsors. I honestly despise her for flashing her food photographies right before lunch time.
I guess that’s one millennial trait we can admit to do before feasting our meals.

3.    Mac Andre Arboleda
Honestly, I never thought we could be friends Andre! I know you’re reading this right now.
He’s the one behind the famous comics I read on the Internet. I wouldn’t suspect to see why of all people, he’s one of a few who’s notable for his works. With high socks and denim polo I said “what an odd fashion. Interesting!” What I love about this guy—he’s from UP, he’s not afraid to admit that he’s trash, but he’s got insanely great ideas I’d spend my millions over.
He’s open about himself. He has lots of haters (admittedly telling us) and I’m impressed on how he deals with them. Sorry for openly judging you at my blog, Andre. Anyway, all I’m saying is I admire that you’re not scared to be you and you’re not frightened by judgments. Hope you can spare some of your guts for your fans who secretly worship you. God bless your Thesis too!
On Jill: WWW.THEFOODSCOUT.NET
On Mac Andre a.k.a. Asshulz WWW.ASSHULZ.COM
 4. Carla Barretto
Honestly, I never thought we could be friends Andre! I know you’re reading this right now.
He’s the one behind the famous comics I read on the Internet. I wouldn’t suspect to see why of all people, he’s one of a few who’s notable for his works. With high socks and denim polo I said “what an odd fashion. Interesting!” What I love about this guy—he’s from UP, he’s not afraid to admit that he’s trash, but he’s got insanely great ideas I’d spend my millions over.

He’s open about himself. He has lots of haters (admittedly telling us) and I’m impressed on how he deals with them. Sorry for openly judging you at my blog, Andre. Anyway, all I’m saying is I admire that you’re not scared to be you and you’re not frightened by judgments. Hope you can spare some of your guts for your fans who secretly worship you. God bless your Thesis too!
5. Anthony and Tippy Go

The most important lesson I learned from them is “say yes to everything even if you have no idea how it works.” I’m so happy I gained a free notebook from their cute artsy!


On Carla WWW.THEGIRLATTHEROCKSHOW.COM
On Mr and Mrs. Go WWW.GOOGLYGOOES.COM
 6. RJ Ledesma

To be honest, he was talking quite too fast that’s why I didn’t get to pick out much of his speech. RJ spoke mostly about having business in blogging via social media. Wow, I guess all he had to say is find a passion that you can readily boost up in an exponential slope (money). SEE airBnB and GrabCar. “Get something missing or irritating and improve it!”
7. Mark Anicas

Famous for hugots. He’s a literary blogger like me. I love how he said “Don’t write like Lang Leav or Michael Faudet or like anybody. Write the way you are.”
On RJ WWW.RJLEDESMA.COM
On Mark WWW.MARKANICAS.WORDPRESS.COM
 8. Allan Soriano a.k.a. Ate Charon

Surprised to meet ate Charon for the second time at this age (nineteen at that time.) The first time I met him was at a CHALK Magazine event. Charon or Allan Soriano is the only one who “microblogs” meaning he uses various Social Media accounts to post his line of entertainment and compile them in a website. He admitted that he wasn’t prepared for a presentation but he maid some vital pointers as showed in my notes. Authenticity highlights his preach.

WWW.ATECHARON.COM <--Microblogging
9. Alyssa Lapid

Alyssa is a witty blogger. At 5’2 she mentioned anyone can get opportunities—anyone can dream. Blogging is a noise therefore, be different. “What do you have that will make me want to read your blog? (right after posting your images at social media.) What’s in it that I’d want to visit your website.” Her tip is for me to know and you to find out.
WWW.ALYSSALAPID.COM


 STUDENT BLOGGERS!


1. Philip Jamila (WWW.PAPERBACKRIOT.COM)

2. Brin Isaac (WWW.BRINRAIZULLIISAAC.WORDPRESS.COM)
At fifteen, Brin is interning at major spreads to date. She talked about pondering yourself before posting or launching a blog. (We're friends now and kept chatting about interesting topics.)

3. Jazmin Buena (I didn't get to meet her nor take note of her website, sorry)

4. Roi Serrano (WWW.ROISERRANO.TUMBLR.COM)


WHAT I THINK? 
It's amazing that I discovered and met new people who has the same advocacy that I do and have. Looking back, I was scared that my "Php 350 less early bird discount " will eat up my time just sitting there and learning from the pro. My only disappointment was the event was 8am to 5pm but it started at 10 am and lasted at 5:45 pm. Time was a major constraint because it wasn't maximized. Three bloggers talked from 10 to 12 nn and squeezed ten bloggers from 1 am to 5:45. Imagine the frustration of not being able to meet one on one with your fellow bloggers. 




On the bright side, I won each prize from every sponsor at that event. More for me! Expect me to be at the next UST BlogCon. Hopefully I'd be one of those speaking up in front of the clamoring crowd. Hopefully I'd work with any one of these bloggers soon!

Right after Blog Con, I realized I'm a winner: I guess I'm just one lucky girl!

[full_width]
See other photos at TomWeb



Blog Con 2016 Blog Con 2016 Reviewed by Michelle Tan on 6:04 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Tell me what you think about this post

Rom�rio Bispo

Image Link [http://www.image-maps.com/m/private/0/mnbk1p5ttf1gkbef17rcercjb0_icon.png ] Author Name [© Tami] Author Description [Magazine Blogger. Your weekly dose from the slice of life: School, Love, and God; and a little bit of fashion.] Twitter Username [themtan] Facebook Username [lastingonmymind] GPlus Username [tamiyummy101] Pinterest Username [tamiyummy101] Instagram Username [themtan]