NEW POSTS

[7]

To My Angel (10 Things You'll Miss About Your Childhood)

What your favorite childhood things will say to you now. Read when you want your old memories back.



Childhood is the very essence of happiness to anyone's life. Whenever someone is feeling upset, they would all want to reminisce the good parts of their lives--when they were thinking about the little things and were glad about the smallest things. I wish you to be happy always! I think I have a great childhood from ages 3-6. I want you to recall what happiness felt like by being babies or children again. 



Without further ado, let us take a trip to memory lane! 

Click "photos" to view gallery and "Read More" to view full article.


1. Bubble
source: graphics.ucsd.edu


I am just a bubble, floating in mid air. I don't want your attention. I just like to surprise you! I love it when you see me smile. I cannot believe how happy I make you! We dance around and play under the sun. Your laugh is my favorite music on loop. When you try to reach to me I burst and sink to the bottom until nothing is recovered; it's like fate telling us we cannot be together. Because like a bubble, I am kissed at first, blown away with my effervescence, and make you leap in happiness! You felt happy when you see yourself in me. Feelings change the way I sank to the ground, wanting to make you smile again. From above, you just looked at me, watched me until I evaporated. Nothing remains from the memory of disappearance. In heaven I will look at you, I will find you through your laugh...because I know one day something will make you smile, even if it's not me.
"I don't want your attention. I just want to surprise you! You feel so happy when you see yourself in me."

2. Blanket
source: www.nikkiinstitches.com

I love hugging you so much. I just love how you felt warm in my arms. I get jealous by your teddy bear because you hug them and not me! Yet, your happiness is the most important to me. You love hiding under me when you know you did something wrong...you know I will protect you! You love the way I sway and dance wherever you want me to move. You felt like a hero when you carried me on your back as a cape and we swooshed around your house. You changed so much! You grew up and forgot our precious moments. You grew taller, and taller until you no longer fit me. I make your feet cold at night or make your back shiver when you twist on the side. You changed me so much. Every week or less, with or without stain or pee, goodbye to me. I get piled up on your laundry, and then locked up in your sheets compartment. I don't belong in your day and night anymore the way I used to. I'll always remember the angel I hug every night as we watch the stars on the window to the rise of the sun that says hello.
"I  just love how you felt warm in my arms. I get jealous by your teddy bear because you hug them and not me! Yet, your happiness is the most important to me. " 

3. Story Book
source: www.smallworlds.com

I was the one who made you discover your voice. As your mother held me on her hand and read me, I felt relieved to see an angel look at me with hope. I saw how you try to understand the words I have to say. I saw how I gave you hope to create epic stories about you someday. I have great stories to share to you. Remember the heroes that made you wanna fly? Remember the animals, the fairytales, the games you wanna try? I inspired you so much. You said you wanted to be a doctor, pilot, teacher, princess, chocolate maker, tea drinker, and all the things you want to pursue. You wanted to be in college until you can make your dreams come true. Now, it upsets me to see you struggle with your education just to find a quality profession. I just want you to know that when you are a baby, you were everything to me! Hero, princess, teacher, doctor, tea drinker, and all that you still aspire until now. You used your imagination so much and now it's them who make you use your imagination less because they want you to think accordingly. I am sorry to see you cry because you only want to pass a subject. I am sorry that your professor makes you scared and even makes you wanna quit school. I am sorry you feel frustrated at school or work because of the pressure the society brings you... You weren't always like this. You always wanted to learn something new. But today they are forcing you to think, to act, and to behave. That's not what a hero would do. A true hero would do what's right and I know you know that. Darling, if you could just see how beautiful you are to me, you will remember how you were once happy.

"You weren't always like this. You always wanted to learn something new. But today they are forcing you to think, to act, and to behave. That's not what a hero would do. "

4. Training Wheels
source: www.unplugfromthepatriarchy.com

You wanted to see the world! You wanted to create your own adventure. You just needed the first step... Me! Wow, you worked hard for that first step. You might not remember your trip or fall, your first wound on the knee, your first wound on your elbow, but I remember how painful it was to see you cry. Your first walk and first pedal weren't perfect. But your determination to stand again despite the pain made you flawless. If you could just recall the smile on your face as the wind kisses your cheeks and how your heart pounds fast because you worry and trust yourself at the same time. It was the best moment for us--our moment of discovery! I don't mind your feet on my face as long as you promise me that you'll never be ashamed of once having me...to guide you and to mold you as someone who believes in you. Never be ashamed of trying something new.

"If you could just recall the smile on your face as the wind kisses your cheeks and how your heart pounds fast because you worry and trust yourself at the same time. It was the best moment for us--our moment of discovery! " 

5. Play House
source: www.killarneycountryclub.com

I saw the way you wanted to rule your own. There were times when you almost felt tired in obeying your parents. You come to me and we share moments together that are for us. You open up your true feelings, yourself, and everything you have to offer while I seal you temporarily from the world. You told me of your dreams-- your dream house, dream car, dream job, dream life... I love listening to how well you know your dreams back then and even until now if you will let me. You know where the car must be parked at your dream house, what your kitchen smells like and which food you get to eat at your table, you also wanted a pool indoors because you wanted to feel like it's a big bath tub; and of course, no one wants to bathe under the sun! You shared with me your great works from school and outside of school. On a paper, you drew a father, a mother, and a child. Behind was a car, a house and a flower all at the same length. You said they all looked big in one perspective, but distance measures how great an object really is. You were patient with your dreams. You glued your paper on my wall and said, "someday I'll have my own happy family. And we'll paint our walls with rainbow!" Then, I realized that your dream was to have a happy family. You were always that loving person I grew up witnessing. You always loved indefinitely and wanted to be loved in return. You are loved. You are love.

"saw the way you wanted to rule your own. There were times when you almost felt tired in obeying your parents. You come to me and we share moments together that are for us." 

6. Pet Dog
source: www.petmd.com

            Your parents told me you were scared at your friend Toni's dog when you came over their house for picnic. They figured that I would be a great friend to you. So when your parents invited you to a pet store, you cried because you thought you were grabbing pizza. You're really scared at dogs, I assumed. But your parents insisted you walk through the aisle to test your fear. I witnessed how you looked at us. I felt the pain of those you past through without glancing for second thought. I was the last one at the left. You stopped in front of me and stared into my eyes. "He's the quiet one. He's been here for two months now and no one wants to adopt him. We saw him survive at a car accident. His right leg is broken." And without shredding a tear, you said, "I want him! I want him!" In that moment fear turned into hope. As I came into your life, you never treated me like an object you own, but like a part of yours. You gave me a name, "Saint". You never trapped on my dog collar. You never chained me or locked me in front of others. You carried me everywhere and trained me how to walk on my own feet. In spite of my disability, you loved me as a whole. In spite of people telling me that there are better dogs out there, I felt your loyalty and love over me. You never once looked at me with utter disgust. You treated me with care the way you wanted someone to treat you as well. I am sorry that I needed too much from you. I feel sorry to see you responsible for the things I do, like peeing on your bed or hiding under your bag. I'm sorry for licking your face because you were upset you didn't get a star on your wrist. I'm sorry I don't rush to the nearest toy store like other dogs do when they are excited. I swear I don't want to be a burden to you. This is the only way I could return the love to you. I am different but it doesn't mean I am incapable. But you never made me feel that way. As time pass by, I saw how broken we both are inside. Together we filled each other's heart. When you learned that I didn't have much time left, I saw the changes in you. You chose me before anything else. Except one time, "You need to leave Saint behind, dogs aren't allowed in the cinema." You had your but's with your parents but you really wanted to see the show you've been eyeing on. So you left me at home, after all, it's just three hours until you are gone. 4 became 5 became 6:30 in the evening. I haven't eaten my dinner. I feel so weak, hungry, and thirsty. My limbs began shaking, my mouth salivating and my heart pounding faster. I looked at 8 and 8 won't look the same. I shut my eyes slowly but surely. This is it! I recall the picture of your face when we went outside, our first sun shine, our first bath, our first eye contact. Our fears turned into hope. I barked for the last time as you entered the front door. "Saint!" Indeed, I felt the love by an angel who always loved me first.

"Our fears turned into hope. I barked for the last time as you entered the front door. Indeed, I felt the love by an angel who always loved me first."

7. Crayon
source: greenandcleanmom.org

            My best experience in life was trusting myself completely by you. When I first introduced you to the rainbow, you were more than happy. Back then, your biggest decision was which of me to choose from: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, white, black, brown, gray. You might have changed your favorite color, but I will always be packed at your bag and swivel at a paper or a wall whenever you wanted me to. I recall that your classmate Jessica said she has bigger crayons than you. You seemed like you wanted bigger crayons too. Instead you said, " that looks beautiful, but my hands are too small. I love my crayons... They are prefect." You said I was perfect! It made me happy. And your Jessica said, "mine doesn't break!" She pulls her orange crayon at bend it, but it didn't. She grabbed me and said, "but yours does!" I broke! And you weren't happy that I am broken. I wasn't happy to see you broken too. But a tape 'fixed' me temporarily, and we were back on track. Whenever the traces of me wound bend and brake over...you would recall how awful it felt like. You'd desperately fix me by a glue, a new roll of paper and a tape. The most regretful thing I did was I let you applied so much pressure to me not knowing I could break again and again. I hate to see you frustrated. I hate to see you replace me with another set of rainbow. But you were loyal and loving to me. And for that, I shall tell you that you are the rainbow of my shadow!

"You applied so much pressure to me the most not knowing I could break again and again. I hate to see you frustrated. I hate to see you replace me with another set of rainbow. "

8. Toy
source: www.cebufinest.com

I consider myself your best friend. Even if you constantly eye on the toy stores out there for the amazing battery-operated counterparts, you'd still settle with me. I loved how you gave me voice and a story to tell. You might have forgotten each tale we encountered but I will never forget the character you build upon me. There were times when you'd bring me to the places you go. Like the enchanting Lights exhibition when Christmas is near, or when you go picnic with your family, or when you swim at the beach. I remember how you introduced me with some of your playmates. You shared a part of your perspective to me and introduced who you are through me in those moments. Some of your playmates would claim that they own me, some would refuse to play due to the way I look, some would want to destroy me. Yet the most special thing about you is that you weren't an owner...you were a friend. Even if we stopped our moments, even if you stacked me at your treasure chest where all of your other toys were placed, my memory of you won't fade. You will always be my friend and I will always be yours.

"The most special thing about you is that you weren't an owner...you were a friend. And I will always be yours." 

9. Lunch box
source: www.mylifesuckers.com

I like touching your hand whenever we walk our way to school. Back then, school was your life, other than home. I'll open my chest to surprise you what I have to give you. Yet, no matter what I'll do, I will never get used to that smile of pure delight when I open up to you. You were not like those kids who argue about fruit and vegetables because you'd eat anything your parents provide for you. You might not know this but the sandwich your mom gave you cost her pay check. She wanted to buy herself a new purse but instead she gave you her love through feeding you. Your father also wanted to buy a new watch but he bought me for you because he knows that I will be your companion to your life. Your parents love and care for you so much that they made sure they raise you a good person with complete nourishment and esteem. Though, your playmates have larger and 'prettier' lunch boxes, you always said, "no matter how small, tall, beautiful, or plain we are, what counts is what is inside." Sizes don't matter to you, but right now, why do you stumble in fear when asked what your weight is? Every time you dress up, you try to squeeze yourself on those jeans. Why are you trying to fit in to those you don't really belong in. You wanted to be a size zero, but numbers don't mean anything. I remember when you were comfortable with what you are as a person and now, I hate seeing you insecure at your own body just because you grew up with healthy. I dislike your mindset that the lesser the pound, the more value you are as a person. Don't seal with that deal honey. You are beautiful inside! Remember when you gave an apple to the child of your own age who didn't have any lunch? Remember when you fed the doves with bread because you know they feel starved? Remember how much you enjoyed food and how nourished and complete you felt right after every meal? I do. And you were that person who was full of energy to stand and play under the sun, read books, draw art, and such. Please bring back your version when you were happy no matter what other people boast in front of you. For I do not want to see the same person who smiled at me every day is now lacking of drive because you weren't that person.

"You said, "No matter how small, tall, beautiful, or plain we are, what counts is what is inside." Sizes don't matter to you, but right now, why do you stumble in fear when asked what your weight is?"

10. Bolster
Source: www.bolster.net

            It's funny how I used to be the same size or bigger than you were. So fast you grew! I still recall how you hugged me every time you need to rest. Sometimes you'd also place me beside you, or behind you when you face the other way. I learned that a bed is someone's personal space. So I realized, now that you've changed a lot I hope that you pick wisely those who will want to be a part of you. Choose who you want to be beside with, whatever mood you feel like, whatever phase in life you are in I hope that this can only be one person. Sex is everywhere. In today's generation, a lot of factors will push you to have it whether you like it or not. I won't ask you to save yourself for marriage, but give it to the one who will choose you too. Choose whoever you want to share your space with today, in five minutes, in ten months, in decades, and in immeasurable times. Your worth won't be measured by your virginity as such the way people contradict to that belief. Dear, I don't wanna see you mess up because you let the wrong person in. Mistakes happen, they are part of growing. If you think you are ready to share your space with the right person, then I wish you all the happiness and love because you deserve it. If not, then do not waste your time worrying about the little things people find a big deal. Love will come in the right time, right place, right moment, with the right person. So now, sleep by yourself while you can. Sleep while you can! Don't be sad if you find yourself alone. Be upset if the one you love left you alone. I won't guarantee that you will never get hurt...because your bed was your comfort zone. Sometimes you don't wanna get up and face life. Hey, I know you can do it! I know that you'll be successful in life once you conquer your demons. I also know that someone loves you so much no matter what... We (your childhood memories)

"Sex is everywhere. A lot of factors will push you to have it whether you like it or not. Choose whoever you want to share your space with today, in five minutes, in ten months, in decades, and in immeasurable times."

Please do not forget your childhood! These experiences might sound simple but these are the ones that you'll treasure and cherish because they are more than what they seem.

XX 
Michelle Tan


What are your childhood memories?
[full_width]

To My Angel (10 Things You'll Miss About Your Childhood) To My Angel (10 Things You'll Miss About Your Childhood) Reviewed by Michelle Tan on 12:50 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Tell me what you think about this post

Rom�rio Bispo

Image Link [http://www.image-maps.com/m/private/0/mnbk1p5ttf1gkbef17rcercjb0_icon.png ] Author Name [© Tami] Author Description [Magazine Blogger. Your weekly dose from the slice of life: School, Love, and God; and a little bit of fashion.] Twitter Username [themtan] Facebook Username [lastingonmymind] GPlus Username [tamiyummy101] Pinterest Username [tamiyummy101] Instagram Username [themtan]